WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We may ask you to provide us with certain information e.g. phone number and/or email. We may collect this information through various means and in various places through the App or website, including account registration forms, contact us email, or when you otherwise interact with us. When you sign up to use PykUpz, you create a user profile. We shall ask you to provide only such information which is for lawful purpose connected with our services and necessary to be collected by us for such purpose.
The current data fields that might be requested for are:
- Email, Password, Name, Gender, Mobile phone Number
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AS YOU ACCESS AND USE OUR SERVICES
In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us, we may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with PykUpz. This Usage information may include the browser that you are using, the URL that referred you to our services, all of the areas within our services that you visit, and the time of day, among other information. In addition, we collect your device identifier for your Device. A device identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device used to access the services, and our computers identify your device by its device identifier.
In addition, tracking information is collected as you navigate through our services, including, but not limited to geographic areas. The driver’s mobile phone will send your GPS coordinates, during the ride, to our servers.
INFORMATION THIRD PARTIES PROVIDE ABOUT YOU
We may, from time to time, supplement the information we collect about you through our website or mobile application or services with outside records from third parties.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY MOBILE APPLICATIONS
- Our services are primarily provided through the mobile application. We may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to, technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to such mobile applications.
- When you use any of our mobile applications, the mobile application may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device, in addition to the device information, including without limitation:
- Your preferred language and country site (if applicable)
- The manufacturer and model of your mobile device
- Your mobile operating system
- The type of mobile internet browsers you are using
- Your geolocation
- information about how you interact with the mobile application and any of our web sites to which the mobile application links, such as how many times you use a specific part of the mobile application over a given time period, the amount of time you spend using the mobile application, how often you use the mobile application, actions you take in the mobile application and how you engage with the mobile application
- information to allow us to personalize the services and content available through the mobile application
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Our primary goal in collecting your information is to provide you with an enhanced experience when using the services. We use your information to closely monitor which features of the services are used most, to allow you to view your trip history, rate trips, and to determine which features we need to focus on improving, including usage patterns and geographic locations to determine where we should offer or focus services, features and/or resources.
- We use the information collected from our mobile application so that we are able to serve you the correct app version depending on your device type, for troubleshooting and in some cases, marketing purposes.
- We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our services are temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email.
- We provide some of your information (such as your name, pick up address, contact number) to the driver or other passengers who give lift so that the driver may contact and find you.
- We use that geo-location information for various purposes, including for you to be able to view the drivers/give lift users in your area that are close to your location, for you to set your pick up location, for the drivers/give lift users to identify the pick-up location, to send you promotions and offers.
- We may use the information collected from you for targeted advertising. This involves using information collected on an individual’s web or mobile browsing behaviour such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which advertisements should be displayed to a particular individual on websites other than our web site(s).
HOW AND WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
WHEN YOU AGREE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES.
THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING SERVICES ON OUR BEHALF
We use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services, provide or perform certain aspects of the services on our behalf – such as drivers and companies they work for to provide the services. They also may help us process payments, engage in anti-fraud and security measures, provide customer support, help in analysing and resolving service issues or software defects, provide geo-location information to our drivers, enable us to send you special offers, perform technical services (e.g. maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the services‘ features), or perform other administrative services. These third parties will have access to user information, including information to only carry out the services they are performing for you or for us.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND LEGAL REASONS
We cooperate with Government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including information you shared, IP address, device information or geo-location data), to Government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we reasonably determine is necessary and appropriate: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, Governmental requests or legal process; (ii) to protect and/or defend the Terms and Conditions for online and mobile services or other policies applicable to any online and mobile services, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Company, our services or any third party; (iv) to protect the safety of the public for any reason; (v) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and /or (vi) to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity.
WHEN YOU SHARE INFORMATION
We may share your information and Usage information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the services or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS
The information and Usage information we collect is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication, and any information you transmit to the Company you do at your own risk. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.
- We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can edit some of your personal details via your profile page whenever you wish.
- You may unsubscribe from marketing email communications by dropping us an email to email@example.com
- You may also email us to access, correct, delete or update your personal information on our systems. We will answer every email as promptly as possible.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact us at business.support @pykupz.com